You may regularly make a to-do list, but how often do you make a not-to-do list?
Denny Kern Heath, an 11-year MDRT member from Kingston, Jamaica, recommends this tactic as an unconventional means of pushing yourself toward exceeding expectations. Here are six items he suggests including:
- Do not allow the prospect to lead your interview — this results in you being interviewed instead.
- Do not ask too many situational questions in an interview.
- Do not allow yourself to think that the client cannot afford more insurance.
- Do not believe you will offend the prospect if you call them on the phone.
- Do not buy into the belief that the client cannot afford the premium.
- Do not withhold pertinent information, regardless of how unsavory it may be.