Some things are so old that they are new again. For instance, vinyl record players, once considered outdated technology, are making a comeback in the modern music scene. The same is true in our profession.
We still do client events but with a new twist. We still do radio shows and educational workshops but with a new twist. We use social media, community events and marketing ideas that are engaging. What are some other old but new ideas?
Here are a few ideas you could implement immediately:
- Valentine’s Day dinner for all the widows or single women in your client list
- Wine tasting paired with a “geek squad” session on protecting your identity on your phone, laptop or social media
- Martial arts demo class that teaches how to protect and defend yourself if attacked
- Book club that meets each month to discuss a financial book such as “Smart Women Finish Rich,” “Rich Dad Poor Dad” or “Smart Couples Finish Rich”
- Divorce seminar highlighting strategies individuals can use to cope with their new lifestyle legally, emotionally and financially
- High school senior night, which teaches financial basics like balancing a checkbook, interest rates and car insurance, and then provides a photo session with a professional photographer for a senior photo
This was excerpted from the 2020 MDRT Annual Meeting and Global Conference Virtual Event presentation, “Dignity planning: How to have clients call you.” [MDRT members only] Shane Westhoelter is an 11-year MDRT member and Top of the Table member from Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA.
For more ideas for meeting prospects and client events